Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

torque converter

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Dunc03, Aug 5, 2002.

1. Dunc03

Dunc03 1/2 ton status

I'm looking at a tranny from Bowtie over drive, and I'm wondering what Rpm stall convertor to put in with it. I know that it doesn't need a high stall RPM and that stock is best for the application, but what is a RPM is a stock stall speed. The converter I'm looking at has a stall speed of 1800 - 2400 RPM's. Is that a low enough stall or not. If not what do I need to buy. The tranny will be mated to a GM crate 350 ho running 330 HP. So where do I find a high performance converter with a low stall speed, or will the one mentioned above due. Heres the link if anyone has questions on the converter. Converter

2. tipoil

tipoil 1/2 ton status

Iwould go for the 2200 hd type that u have on the site.

the more "stall" that u have ,will give u more acceleration from a light

i would go for a 2500 if it was my truck .

what are the specs.of ur truck???

hope it helped a bit

3. Dunc03

Dunc03 1/2 ton status

I'm running 350 HO/700r4/208/10bolts/3.42/33x12.50 . I want a converter that will preform well on and off road. I would go with a bone stock converter, but I don't know that they will hold up to the torque of the 350 HO/ 380LBS of torque. I won't be doing in part throttle starts anyways so I don't need a high stall speed, I just want something that is an upgrade. Thanks for the reply