Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Torque on body mounts?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Boss, Jul 24, 2000.

1. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

Any body know the torque for each body mount on my 75' K5. I would assume they would be the same for 73-77 K5's, since they are the same body style. I checked my Chiltons and my Haynes, but no luck. I'm changing my body mounts this weekend and would like to know. Thanks
    Boss

2. Depdog

Depdog 1/2 ton status Author

Never seen a torque setting either, I looked. I put in poly one and just tightned them real tight, make sure you check the bolts though, they have a bad habbit of being half rusted through and breaking. You might spray them with some P.B. Blaster or liquid wrench and let them soak till the weekend.

Depdog

<font color=blue>"Lead, Follow, or BECOME the Trail"</font color=blue>

http://depdogsk5.coloradok5.com

3. Espen88k5

Espen88k5 1/2 ton status

Agree on the rust-loosner!! spray it every morning and night,every day until the weekend I was in a hurry as always when I start something, and I tell you, my arms and knees were sore for 2 weeks after. I also banged my knuckles upp real bad a couple of times.. ##$$£@@$ !!! And the undercoating disolved and got in my eyes along with the rust-flakes.
    It is alot easyer when the bolts come loose easyly though.....

<font color=blue>Espen88k5 at:http://www.espen.coloradok5.com</font color=blue>