Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Torque spec for body mount bolts

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by RiceDaddy, Feb 6, 2002.

1. RiceDaddy

RiceDaddy Registered Member

Does anyone know the torque spec for the body mount bolts on a 1980 K5? I've done a search on this forum and found quite a few threads on this topic, but I couldn't find the torque spec. BTW.. this job does take it out of you. PITA.

2. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

65-70 ft lbs. I used poly bushings and the front ones moved a little so I torqued them to about 90 ft pounds..

3. shaggyk5

shaggyk5 1/2 ton status

when I did mine i was told between 85 and 100 pounds, i did mine to 90 pounds...

-matt
    <font color=purple> "Stuff's only good for 2 things, degreasing engines and killing brain cells"</font color=purple>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/shaggyk5>www.geocities.com/shaggyk5</a>

4. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I remember the instructions from Energy Suspension for the body mounts listed the bolts to be torqued to 85 ft. lbs., but that was the regular cab truck that I was working on at that time. (a '79 K20)

<font color=red>Only real men drive K30's!!!</font color=red> [​IMG]

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/thatK30guy>The K30 Collection</a>

5. RiceDaddy

RiceDaddy Registered Member

Thanks Guys! I'll finish torquing them up tonight.