Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

torque specs for 12 bolt rear end

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by tmanofcali, Jun 3, 2003.

1. tmanofcali

tmanofcali 1/2 ton status

does anyone know the torque specs for the 12 bolt rear? i have pulled my axle shafts out and need to reinstall them.

thanks, todd

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Pulld the shafts out? What do you need the spec for, the cover? /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif The lockbolt for the crosspin, maybe? </font>

3. tmanofcali

shaggy, yes i need the specs for the crosspin bolt and also for the bolts that hold the clamps down. please excuse me for my lack of knowledge on axles and use of proper terms /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif. nosmog73 loosened them up to get the shafts out so i could do my disc brake swap and now i need the specs to get it all back together.

thanks for your help.

later, todd

4. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Sorry if I came off snippy, Todd, it wasn't my intention. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif The bearing caps are 60 lb-ft, the crosspin bolt... I can't find a spec for it, but if I had to make a stab I'd say about 10-15 ft-lbs. Make sure you use loctite on the crosspin bolt, but just use regular oil to lube the bearing cap bolt threads. </font>

5. tmanofcali

shaggy, thanks!!!! thats what i was looking for. i didnt take it the wrong way. i was just being sarcastic at the time. thanks again. i owe you one at b-f!!! what do you drink?

later, todd