Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Torque specs for bearing caps on my D60: **RANT ADDED**

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Okiemuddog, Aug 4, 2004.

1. Okiemuddog

Okiemuddog 1/2 ton status

I have got my D60 back together and need to torque the bearing caps, does anyone know how many ft/lb's they need put on them?

Thanks
    Krennen /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

2. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Re: Torque specs for bearing caps on my D60

SKWAAAAK!!! SKWAAAK!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif carry on /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Okiemuddog

Jacob,
    You are shameless post whore, I guess that is why I get along with you /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

4. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

Torque? Just tighten them down with a 3/8" impact.

5. Okiemuddog

Well, I found the answer myself, 80 FT/LB's for anyone else that may need this in the future.

Now..........
    (Rant on)
    I joined this board a little over a year ago, in the last 6 months the tech level of this board has gone to total [darn] /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif. The GM 4x4 tech of this board used to be second to none, but now this place is a joke. I am starting to understand why some of the longtimers are starting to leave and with them the good tech. I am starting to see why they are leaving, we have a lot of noobs that have no respect and even some longtimers that are not any better, they have nothing nice to say about anyone or their ideas. I try to reply if I can anser a question, but most everyone just passes the thread by. The question above is a good example, I know that I am not the only person to ever take the carrier out of a D60, but no one wants to answer /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif. I believe this board is headed the same direction as PBB, more chit-chat than tech. I have stated my thgouths, feel free to reply or flame, but remember to be ready to get what you put out back /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif.

(Rant off)

6. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

I couldn't agree with you more about how many people that know about the questions just pass them by. I think it has something to do with the fact that so many of the questions are asked many, many times over the years and the search feature is basicly useless now. You've got to figure most of the long timer's have been here for 2-3 years. How many "will 33's fit?" posts have been made since then? Or how many "does a GM Dana 60 fit in place of my 10 bolt?" posts? Sometimes I even find myself passing by posts since I already know the answer and just don't have the time to reply like I want to. I've only been here for 1.5 years. I'd like to see some of the repeated questions organized into tech articles. I think we need more than just a 9 month search feature and more reviews on modifications than just the "product review" section. The tech section we have now is nice if you want to check on a van steering shaft (a Cherokee one works much better with very little modifications by the way... I figured that one out on my own) but there isnt much more in there that is actually a write up. Maybe it's just because I'm tired. I welded body panels all day and installed my headers... It's a good thing I'm not drunk yet like Supersize75 was a few weeks ago /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif That was funny stuff. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

sorry man i wished i would have/could have helped you.My answer would be to just torche em down /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif Good luck. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifFeel free to add a Skwaak or whatever to one of my posts too. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif