Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

torque specs for body mounts

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by boots, Feb 16, 2003.

1. boots

boots 1/2 ton status

replacing my body mounts with energy suspension, I have one side in hopefully getting the other side in tomorrow. The paperwork says to torque to manufacturers specs wich I don't have. My 73 light truck etc chevy shop service manual, not chilton/haynes stuff, should be in this week but I'm not sure if it is going to have what I am looking for either. Anyone got that info available to em?

Thanks
    me

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Did you try a search? Not trying to be a jerk, I *thought* someone had posted that info awhile back.

FWIW I just replaced my body mounts too, I just tightened them up until they felt tight. Going back underneath here pretty soon to verify that they are still tight, which you should do after about a week anyways.

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I never used a torque wrench either. I'd estimate mine are somewhere around 60-75 lbs though. I check them now and then and have yet to find a loose one...

Rene