Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

torsion bar crank questions

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by thezentree, Oct 6, 2003.

1. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

first i'd like to say that yea, i know t-bar lifts suck.

but

im gonna be doin an SFA conversion soon, so i dont really care, /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif anyway, how many turns of that there screw will give me about an inch of lift? i dont wanna completely crank em, cause the ride would be TOO rough. besides, my truck sits lower than most K1500s do, and i wanna keep my 285s outta the sheetmetal. anyway, thanks /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I know on my K2500 I just measured it sitting there then slowly cranked a few and measured again. i went somewhere around 1 3/4" to 2". It was slightly bouncier than stock but it sat a lot more level and didn't ride stiffer.

3. thezentree

did you have the truck on jackstands, or with the weight on the wheels?

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

weight on the wheels. Did it at work in between customers. Very easy to to just a matter of climbing back and forth under the truck and measuring.

5. thezentree

how bad did it throw your alignment off? i mean, can i do it in my driveway and then drive it up to the tire shop (its a good 15 miles), or am i gonna need to set up camp in the tire shop's parking lot?

6. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

the outside of my tires wore a little bit on the edge(my tires always sat like this \/, even before I cranked. Could hear the outside lugs wearing while going around corners fast.