Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

torsion bar keys

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by gmcman7202, Jan 13, 2006.

1. gmcman7202

gmcman7202 1/2 ton status

i am thinking bout getting a new set of torsion keys to level and lift the front of my 02' sierra. anyone out there have any experience with them? good new bad news? any parts breaking from the diff geometry? howabout tire wear? i have a feeling it would make the outer area of the tread wear faster/ uneven. thanks guys

2. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

If u crank your bars, no shop will be able to align the IFS properly unless you get a really good tech who knows how to make some simple calculations to adjust for your new trim height. Eveything in those alignment machines is based off of stock trim height. Change your trim height, and set the front end to the numbers specified, and your still off. Some people don't seem to mind wandering front ends, descreasd stability or increased tire wear, other people like me get very annoyed when the vehicle isn't tracking perfectly. It won't be anything major, but if your picky, you will notice the differences.

3. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

if you want it leveled, get a proper lift. adjust the rear lift to compensate for the difference.

cranking the bars and/or running Ford keys is bad news. you're eliminating suspension droop, raising the torsion bar rates, and putting the suspension in a bind. its going to ride like a piece of crap. not to mention the extreme angles and parts breakage that goes along with that.