Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Torsion Bars

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by heavy4x4, Jun 13, 2005.

1. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Can some people with IFS trucks go out and take a look at where the torsion bar attaches to the A-arm? On my truck, the hex end of the torsion bar is not a tight fit in the hex of the a-arm. It has the appearance of the torsion bar almost stripping out the hex in the a-arm casting (I doubt that it will, but that's how it looks). Can anyone else confirm if this is the same on their truck? If that's the case, I wonder if I need to/can crank my torsion bars a bit more for any lost ride-height from the factory when it was brand new.

On the same note, could you take a look and see if your torsion bar adjusting bolts are tightened the same amount. One of mine is flush with the mounting bar they sit in. The other bolt sticks down about 1/2".

Thanks,
    Steve

2. rodzzilla

rodzzilla 1/2 ton status

Mine are attached the same way on the front. My adjusters aren't the same either.

3. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

Torsion bar/A-arm union is the same, no worries there.... My adjusters are close but not quite the same if I remember right

4. cojnit

cojnit 1/2 ton status

mine were not in there all the way either, they were maybe a half of the way in. I just checked cause I took them out on Sun, So I am quite sure.