Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Total Hieght

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by TXFSHRMAN, Jan 9, 2006.

1. TXFSHRMAN

TXFSHRMAN Registered Member

i have a 88 jimmy and want to put a 6" lift with 37x12.50x15 pj dirt grips, but i am unsure how hard it would be for my 5ft 2in wife to get in my truck....can some one please give me a measurement from the ground to the floorboard, that has the same lift and tires i would appriciate it thank you

2. lamberthkp

lamberthkp SITFU Premium Member

i got that same thing only i have 35's , from the ground to the floor board is about 32 inches.

3. BigCountryx

BigCountryx 1/2 ton status

She will need some sort of step to get in unless she's a gymnast:D I've got about 8-9" and 40's so it's probably 4" taller than the setup your talking about but my friends wife is 5' 6" and cannot get into mine at all (not enough arm strength). Not just hard, but can't do it w/out assistance. My wife is 5' 10" and hates it. I have StirrUps to help those that have a hard time. Works out pretty good.

http://www.redneckconcepts.com/steps.php?type=SuvStep

4. lamberthkp

lamberthkp SITFU Premium Member

it was allways funny watching my wife trying to crawl into mine she fell out trying to get in one day it was all i could do to keep a straight face.

5. MTMike

MTMike 1/2 ton status

I have some mall-cruiser step bars that were on mine when I bought it, and my wife can get into it with those. The first time they contact a rock they'll probably rip off, so I'll build some rock sliders with an integrated step at that point.

If you're not going too extreme with your rig, a set of those could really help her.
    [​IMG]

I admit too, if not for them I'd struggle to get into the truck with the racing buckets

6. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

i've got 3" lift w/ 35's and my 5'2" girlfriend can barely get in.you'll definatly need some type of step/stirrup with that height.