Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Totaled the Camokrawler-is my new whip worth it?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by camokrawler, Aug 12, 2006.

1. camokrawler

camokrawler Registered Member

So i got rearended by a honda and there was a street bike in front of me. well i couldn't stop and figured a buell vs. a chevy on 38's wouldnt be good so i put it in the ditch on its side. ins. comp totaled it but i am gettin 850 and gettin the truck back. if yall remember i just put the cam and intake on in april. soooo...my buddy who does alot of mud racing has an 80 something k5 with dana 60's front and rear 5.13's lockers front and rear. it has between ten and fifteen inches of lift. a 205 divorced case. but it has no motor no tranny and the only interior is a full custom cage, a seat and a steering wheel. no tires on it. he said for 1500 he'll drop it off at the house. can get him down any lower.

so i could swap my motor, tranny, wiring harness and ECM, and interior and tires. i would have to buy 8 lug 15 inch rims. will my 700r4 bolt up to the 205 with no modification? and do u guys think this is a good idea.

thanks camokrawler

2. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Boy, I would. That's kinda what I'm lookin' for!

3. camokrawler

camokrawler Registered Member

c'mon i need some input.
    looked at the truck again last night, i has no tailgate, only outer door skins and it has a lexan windshield, but it does still have a dash so i can put all my good stuff in it

4. 81K5GUY

81K5GUY 1/2 ton status

sounds kinda too racy for a daily driver but if you just gonna have it to play with I would go for it.

5. MNorby

MNorby 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

heck for $1500 the pair of 60s and the cage if it is a well built one would be worth that. Sell the huge lift and go with 56/52s and make some cash back maybe

6. 78Suburban

78Suburban 1/2 ton status

several pics of the truck in question would help ;)