Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

touchy one here, guys!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by tarheel, Feb 27, 2004.

1. tarheel

tarheel Registered Member

do any of you guys take your pistols w/ you when you go wheeling? is it illegal in most places? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

2. bajaviking

bajaviking 1/2 ton status

Only when I go wheeling in East LA /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

3. SF87K5

SF87K5 1/2 ton status

No it is not legal to take it wheeling on state or fedral land. If your on private property then yes it is legal as long as the owner has given you permision to wheel on his land. Also that you have told him your bringing a gun with you.

4. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

I think that as long as you carry it legally when your on the streets your o.k. Then when you get onto the backroads keep it by your side. And if you ever run into the law out there, I'm sure they will understand why you have it.

I usually take it with me if I'm going to a desolate site with few people.

5. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

law or no law...there are some crazy people out there. A ticket is better other possibilities.

6. chubbybob

chubbybob 1/2 ton status

I always carry a gun with me everywhere I go.
    you never know what type of problem you might end up in. one of the main reasons is because I own a tv and you wouldnt believe the crap the low lifes are pulling down here there are multiple murders everyday on the news. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

7. Scrubby

Scrubby 1/2 ton status

It really depends on the state and how you carry it and where you are. In Idaho it is perfectly legal to carry a gun in plain sight. As long as it is not concealed, you can carry most everywhere. Once you are outside of cities, you can carry it concealed (like in the glove box) and that is legal. Only place you can't is federal and state parks. Public land is fine here.

Check your local laws and if you have to, get a concealed weapons permit and carry it whenever and however you want. I am pretty sure Georgia is shall issue, so they are easy to get.

Look here: packing.org - Georgia

8. stock93

stock93 Registered Member

I carry a 12 guage when I go out in the woods around here. I have never needed it but will be glad to have it if I do need it. I probably should get my concealed weapons permit which in alabama is just a $10 fee and background check so I can carry my pistol.

9. tarheel

tarheel Registered Member

i've already got one. i've been carrying for quite a while, but even with the license, there are several restrictions as to where you can and can't carry. i was just tryin' to get a feel as to how many ck5 guys pack when wheelin' /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

10. gravdigr

gravdigr 1/2 ton status

I carry my .357 with me every time I go in the woods (except for archery season). I know in PA with a concealed carry permit there really isn't a place you can go and not carry your pistol, and where you do come to one of these places you know it (airport, prison, etc..). I also keep a box of snake shot shells in the glove box just in case someone gets bitten it's easier to kill it to take it to the hospital for identification. And believe me while wheeling you'd be glad to have that pistol should a predator go rabid (cujo anyone?).

But along with carrying comes responsible gun use. My rule for carrying is that I'm carrying concealed, which means no one should know I even have the weapon. If someone can tell I'm carrying then I am not doing it right.

11. ducttape114

ducttape114 1/2 ton status

when im in the woods i feel a hell of a lot safer than when im in town. people are the reason to be worryed, and i try to avoid people as much as possible when wheelin'.

12. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

I always pack when wheelin' with my wife and kids. If it's me and a bunch of guys out I tend not to bring my gun with me. I am never worried about having problems with the cops. They tend to only search your vehicle if they suspect alcohol or drugs. I do neither so I feel pretty safe without getting into any law trouble. I usually carry my .45 on a holster when I am camping at all times /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

13. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

We don't have that problem here..... You can wear one on your hip if you want!

14. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Yeah in SD it's a non issue mostly, you'd be hard pressed to find an older truck without some kind of firearm in it

15. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I always carry a gun when i go wheeling. Most of the time I carry a 12 gauge alot of times too. In AZ I believe it is legal as long as you carry it properly. I also carry a hunting license too just for grins.

Harley

16. Jays Beast

Jays Beast 1/2 ton status

As Harley, said if you have a varmont hunting license then you could carry a gun on state land as long as it is not concealed unless your licensed to carry it concealed. This is true for AZ but just check with a local shooting range they are a good source for info.

17. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Only legal way to carry a pistol in Texas is to have the gun in the trunk and the ammo in the front. This is obviously not possible in a K5 and gets a little tricky with the law(this doesn't apply with a CCP). But from my experience, as long as your not in a city the police know you'll be carrying a gun with you, so they expect it. Funny, there are no laws about carrying a rifle or a shotgun though...

18. sjvcon

sjvcon Registered Member

Yep. The desert state does have its benefits. I carry a .45 anytime I am headed out to the trail. It used to be tricky when I lived in CA, but AZ is really pretty good on fire arms.....after all it is an American Right /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

19. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Actually in Arizona you CAN carry a loaded pistol concealed in your vehicle as long as it is in a holster. So if you have a holster on your gun you can put it in your console, under your seat, glovebox, etc. When I was selling guns my boss informed me of this. He even carried the ARS in his wallet laminated because cops try and give you crap about it.

As long as it is in a holster and not on your body you are ok in AZ. CCW is the best option though.

In AZ you CAN NOT carry a loaded rifle or shotgun in you vehicle though. It must be unloaded. So when I carry my shotgun (defensive shotgun, 18" barrel, etc) I always have it unloaded but I keep shells in the side saddle carrier so it can be loaded very quickly.

I always carry a gun when out of town and sometimes in town. Out of town there are alot of varmits that you might have problems with. Both of the 4 legged and 2 legged variety if you catch my drift. I don't plan on being a statistic for someone if I can help it.

Harley

20. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

In AZ when you sign up for a state land permit they have a box to check for hunting and target shooting, (along with about 10 other outdoor activities) so it is legal here to carry and wheel. Just not in gov't offices, banks, or a business with a liquor license, or ammo store (go figure). There is also an assumption of safety law for business that says no fire arms.