Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tough Luck!! Where does this stem from?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by hawglet, Oct 22, 2003.

1. hawglet

hawglet 1/2 ton status

I put my motorcycle in my grandmothers garage for the winter. Then it gets good and warm for a week so I go get it and leave my Blazer sit in her driveway for 2 days. Well after wrecking my bike pretty good and getting tossed like a damn rag doll for 50 feet I go get my Blazer to discover the dome light does turn on when I open my door. However, the light by the center hump down by the floor was on. It wouldn't turn off either. I don't know how long it was on but it was so damn hot I couldn't touch my dash in that area. Needless to say I pulled the fuse, let it cool and then pulled the bulb and returned the fuse so I had tail/dash lights, what I am wondering is where does this problem stem from. I can't think of anything. The dome lights won't even turn on manually by turn the light swich. Did it burn the contact in the swich maybe or what? Suggestions on where to start??
    /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

Mine used to do that when the fuse for the cig lighter would blow. The light down by the heater air plenum would stay on if that fuse blew..not sure why but it did.

3. hawglet

hawglet 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I guess that happened once before to me aslo in and s-10 blazer. I alway take the cig. lighter out of the socket and throw it away, I just don't use it, and I put change in my ashtray, well through the bumps i guess a penny got bounced into the socket. Well needless to say this created a complete circut which created some good heat as it melted some of the plastic before the fuse blew. The courtsey light wouldn't shut off until I noticed I had a fuse blown to the cig. lighter. **Note to Self: S-10 translates to POS** Thanks Chris, thats been several years ago. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif