Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tough wheels

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by AZK5, Aug 28, 2000.

1. AZK5

AZK5 1/2 ton status

Who makes a really strong steel wheel in a 16" or 16.5", 8 lug, by 10" or 12" wide? I've heard Hummer wheels are good but they're probably big bucks.
    CB

2. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Yes, the Premier Power welder people make wheels similar ot the Hummer wheels and are very pricey.

Check out Bart Wheels, they have an extra thick center and are made specifically for tires in the 36" + sizes and 44's! I think they are called Super Truckers.

They are about $90 chrome for 15 x 10, but I am not sure what sizes are offered! They are also offered in white.

I think National Tire and Wheel and Summit Racing offers them.

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; http://emmett.coloradok5.com

3. talldogg

talldogg 1/2 ton status

Mike's right, I've seen the Bart rims in the Summit catalog for about $90 for the 15x10, chrome too!

4. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

One thing I forgot to mention is that Summit also offers a brnad called Wheel Vintiques or Vintique Wheels and they have an identical wheel, but I dont know what their strength is like.

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; http://emmett.coloradok5.com

5. LittlePig

LittlePig 1/2 ton status

Eaton, from either Tyres int'l or National tire and wheel, uses Bart Wheel centers for strength, and you can get them painted white or black for something like $50. Wheel Vintiques is also the same thing as far as I know, but like Barts, you can only get em in white or chrome. I plan to get Eatons in black fer my truck (eventually)

Email: xiaozhu@my-deja.com

6. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

I run the bart steel wheels, done in a flat black. They are very strong and didnt cost much.

[​IMG]

7. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

Good luck finding a frigging 16x ANY-DAMN-THING larger than a 8" in a steel wheel. I've been hunting for a WHILE, and stockton is the only one that has shown me proof of em. For a 16x10 wheel through them it's $110.

Kyle
    89K5

8. realsquash

realsquash 1/2 ton status

I've got the Eaton 16.5" x 12" white "monster wheels" with 35" boggers mounted up. After this weekend, they are the only part of my truck that *didn't* get dented up and they hit logs. I ran 13 psi most of the weekend on rocks and sand and muck. They are supposed to be one of the strongest wheels available, at $110/each in white.

Squash
    http://www.trailrunners4x4.org/users/realsquash

9. AZK5

AZK5 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the input, I'll check these places.
    CB