Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Toughness of 208's?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by TXsizeK5, Sep 12, 2001.

1. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

Toughness of 208\'s?

If you bottom out on some rough dirt/rock would it damage your 208 pretty bad? If not how much can a 208 take?
    How do you make skid plates for your transfew case.. and how do you mount them.

6in 87' K5 w/ 35" BFG muds.
    Kn filter

What I need: 4.11 gears, Lim Slip Dif, Force2 Catback, rear springs , Throtle body spacer.

2. SWAMPRNR

SWAMPRNR 1/2 ton status

Re: Toughness of 208\'s?

If you bottom out to hard you make crack the case or even knock a hole in it.My 82 has a factory skid plate that bolts to the cross member and so does my friends 88 so you may find one in a salvage yard or the dealer since it was a factory option.

A BIG HAMMER CAN FIX ANYTHING.. [​IMG]

3. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

I also have the factory skidplate on mine and haven't had a problem. If you are handy at fabricating, then you could make you own and either mount it to the t-case crossmemeber or the frame...

Mike

<font color=green>"My K5 is purdyr than your sister!"</font color=green>

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/emmettology101>www.geocities.com/emmettology101</a>

4. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

I also have the factory skid plate. I have landed on it pretty hard, dragged it across rocks, and let my buddy drive once and got it high centered on the skid plate. So far no problems. I has a few dings in it though.

86 Jimmy 4"lift 35"MTRs Other cars 69Firebird w/525 hp,and 70GTO live in PHX,AZ<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/modifierperformance>My vehicles</a>