Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tourette Syndrome

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Ryan B., Jul 22, 2003.

1. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Ever met someone with tourette syndrome?

I met a guy not too long ago that claimed to have this, he'd be in the middle of a sentence and just yell out racial slurs, or "Britney Spears" or "Midget Dick" and his arm would whip in the air uncontrollably when he'd say that.... /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    His friends were saying how they can't take him anywhere, he just about got them in a fight in a bar one night.
    I didn't really believe it, this was too fawkin funny, and some friends and i were joking about him.

So i think to myself, where have i actually heard of this syndrome... from the movie "duece bigalow" and "saturday night live"....
    So i do some searching online and i guess some people actually have this.....

Anyone? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

2. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

3. Ryan B.

Re: Turret Syndrome

Whoops... *ball sweat* Thanks dude. *ass goblin*

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

A guy that works up at the local Firestone has Tourette's. He'd make weird whooping noises and swear now and then...his boss told me the guy had Tourette's.

Rene

5. 77Jimmy

77Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Yep, had a friend in high school w/ it. He was constantly blinking and twitched every now and then.

Read this...
    faqs
    Go to the What is TS? link and then go to FAQs.

The blurting out of obscenities is actually not that common in people w/ TS.

I'm assuming you weren't making fun of him in front of him? Either way, it's not too cool.

6. Ryan B.

Nah, we were all joking with him, not like straight up making fun of him... We didn't know if he was just doing this for laughs or not... It seemed like he was just a comedian doing it for entertainment and the shock factor because he'd be talking about some funny stuff... and then out of no where start saying these things making it even funnier. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

When they were telling me he had tourettes, i thought about the actual sources where i have heard of this before and like i mentioned, duece bigalow and saturday night live was it, so i didn't really take him serious at first.

7. 77Jimmy

77Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Gotcha...it can be a bit wild if you've never met someone w/ tourettes before.

8. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

I used to have a customer that came in all the time with that, It was kinda sad. I did sell him all his stuff when he built his new BIG house. His Brother told me the reason I got it was because I ignored his problem and treated him normal /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

One of the local downtown "residents" where I use to work apparently had it. Got some good stories about him, the best are when I hooked him up a couple of times when he was drunk......... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

10. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

Yep. Had a Woman that lived across the street from Me, in a duplex. She would be sitting or standing in her front yard and just start cussing/swearin/ranting, at anything or anyone.

I was tempted to get the .270 out and lean on one of the brick post's, [that support the garage roof] and just take her out of her misery!

In 1991 we had an Icestorm up here, and My other Neighbor, [a real nice guy] was kind enough to bring her over to his and his wife;s house that actually had heat, [power was off for a couple of day's] anyhow she came over, got warmed up, got fed, and just taken care of.

Later in June or so, she was out in her yard ranting on about His daughter, that Whore! That B!tch! and Brian the neighbor tried to get her to settle down, but she would;nt just kept on ranting/cussin/swearin at his daughter.

So, he had called the Sheriff's office to see what they could do, they said nothing, we can do she can cuss all she want's in her own yard, no law against it.

Brian has a video camera with sound, so he taped her and her antic's, until she said I have a gun in the house!

That's all it took, they came hauled her off to the physco ward fro observation for like 3 week's, and when she came back it was funnier then ever, It's a Damn Conspiracy, You Bastard's! Your all gonna get it.

A week later She was moved by the State to a "house" somewhere, anyhow she's out of Our hair! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

After that I dubbed her "Miss Manner's" /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif