Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tourge Converter cover

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ntx78k5, Oct 7, 2005.

1. ntx78k5

ntx78k5 1/2 ton status

This may be a dumb question but. I dont have a converter cover on my transmission TH350? I know a lot of car guys that run without them. However I go through mud, creeks and tall streams during hunting season and on some trail rides? I cant see it being water proof???? :dunno: :ears:

2. ak bandit

ak bandit 1/2 ton status

A converter cover isnt waterproof...I dont run one and I've never had a problem. The transmission front pump cover has a seal where the t-converter plugs into it. If it wasnt sealed, there would be tranny fluid leaking from it. Not a dumb question either...

3. jays68yak

jays68yak 1/2 ton status

I would be worried if you ran sand at all. I kind broke my front axle in the sand after a jump....it shot some sand in that direction and ever since it has been leaking. By it I mean either the engine or tranny seal. I think its cheap insurance to keep dirt away from the seals.

4. miniwally

miniwally 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I think that you should have a cover on just keep sticks, dust and grit from getting up in the seals. The covers aren't something that stops all debris but they are a good first line of defense.