Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tow rig tires, local

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by 84_Chevy_K10, Jul 26, 2004.

1. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

One of my tow rig's tires decided to spit a bunch of tread off on the highway last night.

I need some decent, load range D or better 235/85R16s or 265/75R16s or even 245/75R16s.

Long shot, I know, but I really don't want to spend too much money on this tow rig if I don't have to.

2. mcinfantry

mcinfantry 1/2 ton status

tim, why would you go on and on about tow safety then buy cheap "maypop" tow rig tires????

i do accident reconstruction and see to many fatalities as a result of trailer malfunctions. good tires arent that high.

"Maypop" = they may or may not pop

3. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    One of my tow rig's tires

[/ QUOTE ]

Not one of his trailer tire's "Tow Rig", and what makes it unsafe if he is looking for a good deal on one tire. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif He stated he wanted at least a decent D rated tire stop trying to start [darn] he was simply asking if anybody has a tire /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

4. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

you need just one tire? the 265/75r16s are cheap and easy to find. i have 2 decent tread goodyear at/s in that size that i want gone. they are load range E IIRC. i may be comming down close to you in a few weeks if you want them. i can get 2 more of the same tire for like $40, the local tire shop has about 12 of them.

i had 4 good ones, but 1 got a bigass hole in the sidewall and the another is now my spare.

5. mcinfantry

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not one of his trailer tire's "Tow Rig", and what makes it unsafe if he is looking for a good deal on one tire. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif He stated he wanted at least a decent D rated tire stop trying to start [darn] he was simply asking if anybody has a tire /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

let tim take up for himself, i didnt stab at him if i did, i would have said directly like "blah blah blah you should know where to get them"

cheap tires are just that. cheap. tires dry rot from AGE, and will fail from no use too.

6. BlueBlazer

BlueBlazer 1/2 ton status

I already told you I got 6 of them for cheap if you pick them up.

7. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

let tim take up for himself, i didnt stab at him if i did, i would have said directly like "blah blah blah you should know where to get them"

cheap tires are just that. cheap. tires dry rot from AGE, and will fail from no use too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry I just get tired of people always tryin to start [darn] with Tim. I think he is a good guy, and he has admitted his wrongs in the past and trying to be different. there just seems to be a jump on the bandwagon "I don't like Tim" thing sometimes around here.

8. mcinfantry

well, cool.
    ive just seen too many deaths lately from trailer accidents.

9. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Decent means just that, DECENT. Don't need to be brand new but they need to be in good shape, at least 1/2 tread, and rated for the load I'm going to put to them. The one that threw all of its tread off looked like a brand new tire before the weekend started. If I wanted a dry rotted POS I've got tons of those in the backyard, some with GREAT tread.

Tyler,

I know, I had posted this before we talked.

10. BlueBlazer

BlueBlazer 1/2 ton status

Then get your ass down here and get them out of my shop

11. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Shutup!!

Bring them to a trail run, I got a spare 245 I can run until then. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif