Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tow Rope?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by JUNIOR-K5, May 26, 2006.

1. JUNIOR-K5

JUNIOR-K5 1/2 ton status

Does any one know where I can find some tow rope thicker that 1 1/2" thick. I saw some rigs with some real thick tow rope not tow straps tow rope. I found some on ebay but only 1 1/2 and ones I saw where thicker. Some info or pics if any of you have any would be apprec.:D

2. savagek5diesel

savagek5diesel 1/2 ton status

Heavy equipment

I met a guy camping next to us last 4th july, and hey gave me and my buddies a huge tow rope prolly 2.5 , 3 inch. He worked at Pacific bell and said he gets them all the time through them because all their big trucks that go into the boonies have to carry them. Sad thing about it is, we had to tow my truck out with it and when we parked it, the rope was cinched waaaay tight so we just left it hooked up and kinda tucked it under the truck....... welp somebody found it and thought they needed it more. hope this helps your hunt some.

3. resurrected_jimmy

resurrected_jimmy 1/2 ton status

marine application, I worked in push boats and river barges for a while, thats where I first got the idea to use the stuff for yanking trucks out of the mud. 2 1/2" nylon works really well

4. savagek5diesel

savagek5diesel 1/2 ton status

i work on the water too, and i hope that rope doesn't have the "marine grade" cost like everything else that touches the water. but then again, any other good tow strap/rope aint cheap either.

5. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

6. JUNIOR-K5

JUNIOR-K5 1/2 ton status

cool thanks for the info. has any one ever purchased any and know the $. Maybe I can ask some body from pacific bell?

7. resurrected_jimmy

resurrected_jimmy 1/2 ton status

I never bought them, just used the ones the captain was gonna have us throw away