Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

towin a blazer with a blazer

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Chaz88K5, Dec 1, 2002.

1. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

ok well last weekend i put myself in even more debt than i already am and picked up a 79 blazer...all stock...for 600 bucks..(coulded pass it up) and my plan was to use it for a tow rig/ daily driver...my thinkin is that if i keep it stock and get a sway bar hook up for my trailer and weight distribion hitch i should be alright towin my 88 blazer..anyone do this on a regual basis? only want experianced responses /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif i should know better with my scary trip back from AZ towin my 72 but i dont think i had it far enough forward on the trailer /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Not to bag on ya oh one of methane greatness, but didn't ya get learnt something towing 1 FN HI K5 from Hollister? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

my judgement was not the greatest on that decision...had been breakin bolts on my bead locks like crazy..and with 1fnhik5's blazer it was like i giant sail goin down the road..figure i have a 4 inch lift with 37's and his bumper was still neer the top of my cab..but i still pulled him home doin 75-80 most of the way..dumb move on my part since i had been breakin beadlock bolts left and right... /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
    but also i have never towed with a stock blazer...so not sure what the charastics would be..if it would change much at all...i dont know

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    him home doin 75-80 most of the way..

[/ QUOTE ]
    How come the more times the story is told, the faster you went? Was the gas clouding your judgement?
    /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

doh!!!! you busted me on that one....yea i guess the fart cloud was doin something to my brain...it was 65-70...but my last ticket was for 75 towin a trailer...thats what i was thinkin about...i am not BSin that one i have the ticket to prove it..lol /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif