Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Towing a Bass Boat

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by LA Bogger, Mar 11, 2001.

1. LA Bogger

LA Bogger 1/2 ton status

Anybody out there tow a Bass boat or car trailer regularly with at least 39.5 tires? What kind of drop hitch do you use?
    Wife is tire of me stealing the Z71 to go to the lake?

Eat More Mud!!!!!

2. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

It will depend on how much lift you have as well as the tires. You should preobably steal the Z71 again, take the boat to a trailer shaop, go back and get the Blazer and get them to make a drop hitch for you. I have never seen any that drop more than 6" in a store, only in mags.

90K5

See my truck at <A target="_blank" HREF=http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Albumindex?u=1329584&a=9886502>http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Albumindex?u=1329584&a=9886502</A>

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I regularly (every summer) tow a 21 foot travel trailer with my Jimmy. The trailer is a mid 70's model designed to be towed by a car and is really low to the ground. I use a 12" drop hitch and the front of the trailer is still high. I think my only solution is to do a S.O.A. on the trailer and maybe gooseneck the front of the trailer. That might be something to look into is raising the trailer instead of using a stupid big drop hitch (like I do)

Rene

[​IMG]