Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Towing abuse??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Eric M., Jun 21, 2005.

1. Eric M.

Eric M. 1/2 ton status

15,000# boat with a 75 1 ton.

Too Much!

Eric M.

2. seschev3

seschev3 1/2 ton status

Were you guys up at Berryessa this weekend. I swear that was the boat I saw. It definitely looked like it did not belong there, kinda stood out. Definitely got the badass jaw drop look as it passed by if that was you guys.

3. Eric M.

Eric M. 1/2 ton status

Yeah, that was us. It doesn't belong there ... it belongs in the ocean! There weren't that many boats out there this weekend. Were you the ones with all the cute girls? Next time come over and say hi (girls or no girls). I don't go up all the time, the owner is a cop from SF who goes by the name of "Boots". He's a nice guy ... loves to talk about his boat!!

We'll probably be up there on the 4th of July ... if he doesn't blow up the truck before then.

If you see us on the lake stop and say hi ... if you see us on the side of the road, stop and give me a ride home!

Eric M.

4. mudslinger99

mudslinger99 1/2 ton status

Dam that is alot of boat :pimp: With that motor in the truck and all the weight the boat will put on the back tires it didn't have much trouble pulling it out of the ramp did it ?

The only thing I'm surprised I didn't see in that pic at the gas pump was the armored car that should have been following you :haha: But I did see mention of a 45 pistol so I guess you were ok.. I would have to take out a loan from the bank just to fill it up :D

A buddy of mine had a 24ft that looked liked that one with a fuel injected 454 that he used to let me take out when ever I wanted to use it... After 2 weeks of running it I was so broke that I couldn't afford the gas to take it out anymore.. That thing would suck down a $100 worth of gas in no time but it was fun to pull whole shots :D

5. seschev3

seschev3 1/2 ton status

We did have a lot of girls in the boat, but they are all young ( my daughter and my 2 sisters and their 2 friends ). It was a family trip. We were towing 2 tubes behind the boat over in Putah creek cove at the second bridge. We also had jet skis as well. That is were we normally stay. Only go out in the open to rev up or get gas. Much less traffic and good for fishings back in the coves.

6. James670X

James670X 1/2 ton status

Seeing your pics gives me hope for my 88!

[​IMG]

7. Eric M.

Eric M. 1/2 ton status

I didn't know they made the regular cab, 2nd generation body style in 88. I thought it was only the crew cabs, Burbs and Blazers that continued past 87. So, GM was selling 2 versions of the 1 ton trucks in 88? Anyone know how long they continued the regular cab 2nd gen. 1 tons? Did it go to 91 also?

I think this deserves a seperate post.

Eric M.

8. Eric M.

Eric M. 1/2 ton status

This was the first time in years I'd been up there. I know we use to launch from Putah Creek, not anymore. But, we did hang out at the same spot we usually do, under one of the bridges close to Putah. I'm not sure if it was the first or second ... it's where the beach is.

I didn't see any tubes or jet skis around where we were, just someone BBQing on the deck of their boat.

Eric M.

9. James670X

James670X 1/2 ton status

Yes GM made 2nd gen. regular cab 1tons until 91, duallies anyways, I've yet to see a SRW.
    Did your friend with the 75 C3500 build an 8.1L engine out of a 2001-up truck or did he just punch out a 454?, how much power does his truck produce?, how much power does your blown 82 produce?

10. Eric M.

Eric M. 1/2 ton status

He stroked a 454. Neither he nor I have put our engines or trucks on a Dyno. I'd hate to guess as everyone does that and some of the numbers you hear just don't match up with the rides!

Interesting about the regular cabs. I didn't know the duallies went to 91.

Eric M.