Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Towing(II)

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by JORGE, Jan 4, 2002.

1. JORGE

JORGE 1/2 ton status

VITORIA-GAZTEIZ(ALAVA)BASQUE COUNTRY,SPAIN
    I,have been reading the towing post, and now i,m sick!!.So, i won,t can to towing a 3000kgm(6000lbs) trailer with the 6.2 ?? How is possible? I bought it for towing a trailer,for transporting cars to my work shop,with out troubles,and now you say to me ,it is not enough stronger for towing it?With a 6.2 Diesel engine?
    Here in Spain is a lot of trailers for transporting cars,and it are towing ,usually,by Nissans 4x4 with a 6 cil 3,3 liter(90Hp) Diesel engines.Almost of all these trailers,has a 3500kg (7000lb) weigth,(with the car on it) and the nissan towing it, with out troubles.And a 6,2 V8 goes to have less power for towing?
    Are you sure?

2. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

just curious- did your truck or what ever it is, come with its owners manual? that is the ONLY safe answer you are going to get- they are rated based on a lot of stuff- but one of them is safety. I personally don't think it has much to do with the engine size or hp, more the weight of the truck itself etc... and of course, the tongue weight of the trailer, etc... give me some more specifics and I'll check it out locally here for you

Brandy

LOVING the new Duramax!!!

3. JORGE

JORGE 1/2 ton status

VITORIA-GAZTEIZ(ALAVA)BASQUE COUNTRY,SPAIN
    No, i haven,t the owner´s manual. Why? The truck is a 6.2 k5 Blazer, and i remember,it has about 2300 kgm weight,and the maximun load it could to tow(Truck+loaded trailer) was about 5000 kgm. I think this is what it says in the plaque,under the bonet.