Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Towing my way into 2005

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mountainexplorer, Jan 1, 2005.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Got to spend New Years Eve as "tow guy". Moved a Scout II 100 miles. Then when I got home, got to tow a friend's Cold Vista Van that blew up to his house.

The tabs expire on my '84 truck tomorrow. So I had to get my last usage of the 2004 tabs. :grin:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

Your tags expire first of the year? How does the system work there? Indiana does it alphabetically. Ours (Reding) expire in August, grandparents (Whitaker) expire in October, etc.

3. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

in michigan, the tags expire on our birthday. what a great birthday present, forking over $45 to the state :mad:

you towed with your plow on? i have to take my plow off or ill over heat when i tow. i have the unimount plow and it takes 3 minutes to take off a 5 minutes to put on if im by myself.

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

$45?

IT'S $78 HERE!!!!!!

Use to be $48.

That's PER truck, and I've got FOUR of the bastards!

5. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

it depends on the vehicle, now that i think about it, my s10 was $45 and my k20 is $36 :grin:

6. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Well, the truck is still registered in Idaho. I don't know how their system works, but the sticker says 2004 with no month listed. My nest step is to go get the title so I can transfer it.

I only license vehicles that run here in Washington. If I licensed everything at once, it would be between $33-$65 per vehicle or more, times 20 or 22 or something.

I've been amazed at this truck. I took the plow with cause I needed to plow out my roads while I was up in the area. I didn't get stuck and I even pulled a one-axled parts Blazer across my field on packed snow. After I got the Scout on, the 350 felt pretty loaded down on the road w/the plow, but it didn't even get hot. I just keep the blade low and the fact that the truck has a body lift too raises the radiator up into the air-flow zone over the blade.

7. kgblazerfive

kgblazerfive keymaster Premium Member GMOTM Winner

100 miles 700 miles all the same, to register my 98 suburban it was like $150 so don't complain about $35:grin:

8. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

110$$$ a year hear on your birthday. nice

9. eclipse

eclipse 1/2 ton status

Gotta say that truck plowed like no bodies business! Haha and I gotta say Allan watching you drag around that parted out old K5 though all the snow was the highlight of my day :D