Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Towing

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Todd 91, Feb 12, 2003.

1. Todd 91

Todd 91 Registered Member

I have an 85 pickup and had a 91 Suburban, but I'm wondering about the towing capability of a Blazer? I need to dump the truck due to to many bodies and not enough seating. I've heard good and bad about towing with a Blazer so I figured I'd come to the masters and get some input. I'm looking at a popup camper or maybe a small hard side trailer.

2. Todd 91

Todd 91 Registered Member

My apologies, I meant to post in the 2nd Gen board. If any of you have some good insight, I'll take it too. Thanks.

3. BobK

BobK 1/2 ton status

Petrolia,Ontario,Canada but working in Port Huron,
    People have been towing with subs forever.Look on the drivers door jamb to see what the towing limit is.Should be on a silver plate or a sticker.

4. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

dont know what the max tow weights are, but I know that the guy a few houses down tows a pop-up with his pretty regularly with no apparent downsides.

-Ryan /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

5. MilpitasK5

MilpitasK5 1/2 ton status

I tow a ski 21ft ski boat. I've been told to keep it outta OD (if you have a 700tranny).