Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

towing??

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by DieselFreak, Mar 13, 2003.

1. DieselFreak

DieselFreak Registered Member

How much have you towed w/ your diesels (6.2 preferably)? Just curious about how much weight you can hook on. I've towed about 300 kg (som steel to the junkie) as max and it did that as it was a feather bouncing behind. Please answer.

<font color="purple">Drive a diesel - be happy</font>

/forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif <font color="red">DieselFreak</font> /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. arveetek

arveetek 1/2 ton status

3. 86DIESEL

86DIESEL Registered Member

I know my cousin on one occasion towed a Wolverine skidder on a triple axle trailer /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gifwith my 6.2 before i bought the truck from him. He aslo towed a huge diesel fuel trailer for his dozer and those aren't light either. Not too sure how much weight that comes up to but it has to be a lot. I'm sure that contributed to the tranny failing less than a year after I bought the truck /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

4. DieselFreak

DieselFreak Registered Member

Well i guess that's a little bit more than 300 kg's of steel. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    I just tought since I was planning to pull an Opel Kadett D, (the one that came before the mkI Astra) up from a ditch /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif had to see how good that thing was skidding, (not very well though) /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif anyway thanx a lot for your help

<font color="purple">Drive a diesel - be happy</font>

/forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif <font color="red">DieselFreak</font> /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

5. Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan 1/2 ton status

Had a '88 crew cab with n/a 6.2 diesel. Largest load I pulled was a 35' Jayco 5th wheel, longest trip 600+ miles. Many shorter in-state trips.

6. Crunk_K5_1984

Crunk_K5_1984 Registered Member

I towed my dad's ford (99 f-150) and 2 honda rubicon 4-wheelers with my 6.2 for about 400 miles. I guess that to be about 6500 lbs.???