Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

towing???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 83PJW, Jul 10, 2003.

1. 83PJW

83PJW 1/2 ton status

does anyone know of any trailer that is rented by any moving co.s that is wide enough to haul a k5? i have to move back to pa from kansas and i am really scratching my head about this. i tried uhaul but their trailers are too small. any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. WakeBoard&4X4er

WakeBoard&4X4er 1/2 ton status

You might buy a used one and sell it when you get there. Do you have big tires on you K5? if not you might rent one from uhaul and not tell them what you are going to put on it.

When do you leave?

3. wa_jeeper

wa_jeeper Registered Member

While I was moving from Ft Worth to Chicago about a month ago, I saw a guy with a 2wd Blazer on a Ryder/Budget car trailer... granted it was a tight fit but it was on there... I have towed my K5 with 36s on a Uhaul trailer but it was scary getting it on and off the trailer, something about the wheels perched on the rails... /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

4. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

there are some that can do it, but you might have to find real skinny tires with backspacing that moves the tire inward. My trailer can fit my k5, but I have to remove the wheel arch covers (its a tight fit, but it does fit.)