Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Toy axles

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by PsychoticDeadGuy, May 23, 2005.

1. PsychoticDeadGuy

PsychoticDeadGuy 1/2 ton status

I have seen many toyotas that run really big tires with stock axles. I can get some for almost nothing but i was wondering how big of tires could they handle? dana 60 and 14 bolt arent in the budget unless someone wants to send some housings to cali.

2. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

Not exactly the right board to get much info on Toyota axles............. Out of curiostiy, what vehicle are these going under? I assume obviously not a fullsize :confused:

Anyway, I wheel with some Toy guys. One has 37" MT/R's and the other has 38" Boggers, and both run fairly stock 4-cylinder engines (relatively light trucks) and don't have any crazy double t-cases or anything but do have 5.29 axle gears. With beefed up axleshafts and heavy duty birfield joints they haven't had many breakage issues. The guy on Boggers broke an inner front shaft which also took out the Detroit last fall, but had that side front tire wedged in a 3' deep rut and had it turned all the way trying to climb out of it.