Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Toy box rock sliders...mounting them differently...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Shagnaz, Aug 1, 2003.

1. Shagnaz

Shagnaz 1/2 ton status

b/c the way they are mounted, you can't put the truck weight on them without them bending. Then, you can't get
    out through the door...you have to do the Dukes of Hazzard style exit. They really need to be mounted on the frame.

Anyone have any pics of this...using the Toybox sliders and modding them to mount to the frame instead of the body/body mount?
    Does any one know if Steve Fox has the 4x4 iron rockers for his sliders?
    [​IMG]

Thanks
    Mike B

2. rcpilot

rcpilot 1/2 ton status

I don't know how you mounted yours but they will hold the weight without bending... did you mount the support bars from the sliders to the frame? Toybox lifted there K-5 w/38's using highlift directly on the slider...

3. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

My Toybox sliders will hold the weight of the vehicle and more without moving. Did you put the cross bracing in the attaches to the frame? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

4. Shagnaz

Shagnaz 1/2 ton status

I put everything on. It is bending at the bar and the angle brackets. I believe I might have to reweld it.
    There was another fella that had a problem with them bending also.
    I saw that Toy Box lifted there K5 up using them, but when you lay your truck over onto a rock and it hits the outer rung, they just might bend.

5. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

Another option is to take a flat stock piece of steel and weld it to the two areas it bolts to the body, and then put two more mounts in between on the body, this would help distribute the load through out your rockers rather than just on two locations.

Also if you have a bodt lift you may have had problems getting them on right. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. Shagnaz

Shagnaz 1/2 ton status

I did have a time putting them on, but no body lift.
    I am going to take them off of the body and mount them to the frame; I believe.