Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Toy Troubles

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Rollingthunder, Jun 16, 2001.

1. Rollingthunder

Rollingthunder Registered Member

I was wondering if anyone has a TH350 trany a 205 transfer case, and also 3" dual pipes? If so, Should there be any trouble getting it to all fit? My mechanic has been giving me trouble for the past month or so about all of it fitting. I blew the trany, so I wanted to go from the TH700 to the TH350 and a 208 to a 205 to make it complete. After it had been at his shop for a couple of weeks (not being touched) I went out there to see what the trouble was and he told me that it wouldn't fit with my new pipes (3" pipes, 36" glass packs, out 3 1/2" tips). Finally after it had sat out there for a month, I said to cut the &@^* pipes and I would take it back to get them put back on. Well, two weeks have past ahd it still hasn't been touched. I just thought I might ask someone else for some more info beside the fact that I need a new mechanic. Thanks.

2. bandit

bandit 1/2 ton status

Well i run that setu p with 2 3/4 pipes and theres lots of room for a 3 inch pipes could be the way there routed but sounds like a the guy jsut doesnt have clue what hes doing

AJ
    Soon to wheelin spot near you
    Project Harvey[​IMG]

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I run a SM 465 and 205 and I also have dual 2 1/2" pipes...there's tons of room around my pipes. I could have 3" no problem.

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>

4. bandit

bandit 1/2 ton status

you dont have to lie rene to make friends

AJ
    Soon to wheelin spot near you
    Project Harvey[​IMG]

5. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

i have the same setup as rene and also have lots of room i could fit 3 1/2 if i wanted to

77blazer see it at<A target="_blank" HREF=http://community.webshots.com/user/ssmith6333>http://community.webshots.com/user/ssmith6333</A>

6. xnoahx

xnoahx 1/2 ton status

7. Rollingthunder

Rollingthunder Registered Member

The reason that I chose 3" pipes was because I had planned to put headers on my truck before the trany coughed up it's insides. I have a definate increase in horse power and a couple more miles to the gallon if you drive it easy. Not to forget the greatest sound at high RPMs.

8. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

i have a th350 and 203 with 3'' pipes. they had to do alot of work to get it to fit but it works and great. no heat problems at all. i also have both factory cross members. still no problem.

1974 Chevy Blazer Cheyanne. lots of plans for it....
    but it is on 33's now, with saggy old springs. i am in so cali if ya got any parts for me.