Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

toying with seat mod idea

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by big d, Jun 18, 2003.

1. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

im trying to study and cross the best of both worlds. having my early model flip up p-side seat mechanism while utilizing the late 80's newer looking style seat bottom brackets/bases and having both front seat bases match. im having to do this cuz i cant find any decent newer(condition/price/and or cost of shipping) fold down bucket seats.any one else attempted or toyed with the idea. i have both flip up p-side style seats(side and back handles) to play with in this attempt. any advice or comments would be greatly appreciated. mant thanks ahead of time. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Why don't you just get yours recovered? They could be "brand new" for less than $500 I suspect. Believe kits out of LMC are in the $200 range. Don't have a catalog handy.

3. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

i got a buddy at work thatll do it for free(cost of materials), im just wanting to update my rig for looks and convience. but thanks for your comments, they are always welcome bro. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

4. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Nah I know what you mean. The sliding seat, at least on the drivers side, might be nice to have. Then again, being the only one to drive, and rarely people in the rear seat, it's less of a necessity.

I didn't like the passenger side seat option since the earlier floors are so much different, I figure it would at least look odd for those of us that can't cover the latch in the floor with carpet /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Besides, I hate drilling extra holes in my truck. The only advantage I can see for the sliding passenger seat is for rear seat passengers getting in and out, because the front passenger and rear both have more leg room with the stock older fold forward seat than you will see in any new vehicle IMO.