Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

toyota drivetrain parts...

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by jekbrown, Oct 9, 2004.

1. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

i wanna toy buggy project. Here is the drivetrain i wanna run... if you have any of these layin around, lemme know!

engine: 22re (the fuel injected toyota 4 cyl), complete

birfs: spare factory birfield joints are always good too!

driveshafts: prefer 2-piece shafts from newer toys... dont care if they are old and worn out, they will be re-built/'tubed anyway. Must be 2 piece and CV equipped.

also need some cheap cast aluminum 6 lug wheels. 15x8-ish, sane backspacing (3-4" or so). Dont care if they have rock rash and look like chit, so long as they are functional. Even rims with cracked outter lips might be an option... these are gonna get machined down for beadlocks anyway...

dual diphram brake booster, mid 90s and up T100 pickup (may have to be 4x4, not sure on this one)

brake calipers from an '86+ pickup or 4 runner (ifs), or '81 and up Toyota LC FJ40.

I could also use 1.75" or 1.5" x .120 wall HREW or DOM tube if anyone has any laying around. Oh yeah, a Pro Tools 105HD 1.5" x 240 degree die too. :D

got any of this stuff? lemme know!

j

Last edited: Jan 23, 2005
  2. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

welp too bad youre in WA, wish i was out there dammit

some day.....
    anyways ive got a nice runnign 87 22RE EFI id sell ya or trade for soemthing,

oh and 8" toyota removeable carrier type rear axle, 4.10 or 4.30 ratio one or the other,
    i was told 4.30 since its A43D auto overdrive trans but may not be the case in 87, so most likely is 4.10, and both tires get equal power on pavement or not, ive found that out already several times,

brakes and a U joint are going out in the truck so im gonna drive it til one or the other breaks then im taking truck to shredder, scrap prices went up the other day so , /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

hmm

good luck

3. jekbrown

whatcha looking for for your 22re? axles and all that other junk I can find local, not really worth to ship... but maybe we can work something out for your engine? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif what you looking for in a trade? or, alternatively, how much $?

j

4. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

If you havent already, post this on OBH and www.snort4x4.com /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. kennyw

Did you change your mind on the S10 buggy? or is this something extra?

6. jekbrown

no, still doin the s-ton thing... this is a seperate deal. Im gonna build a single seat super-small-light buggy with a toyota drivetrain and a chassis i make with my bender. Light is the key.. i want 2 people to be able to tip it over if it rolls... minimalism is gonna be the word. Inspired by rock comp buggys in many ways, but it'll prolly see a lot more trail time than rock time. the plan is to do everything as cheap as possible and still have a kick azz buggy. I got a tranny and t-case from a guy on snort for $75 each. Not bad. Gonna get cheap empty axle housings and build from there, since I plan on using aftermarket parts for the shafts and brakes and stuff anyway. Thats where all the $ for this project is going to go... in the axles and for steel for the chassis. It'll prolly take a couple of years before its actually a running rig, since I'll spend a lot of time hunting for deals on parts and rebuilding stuff myself (time to learn all about toy stuff! lol!). Should be a fun project and I'm gonna document everything along the way including the costs involved and everything. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

j

7. jekbrown

bump!

already posted on pirate and I lurk Snort.... good call on OBH though, I'll try there too. There are a chit load of toy 4x4s out there, so finding parts isnt hard at all... finding un-thrashed inexpensive parts is sorta a challenge tho. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

j

8. kennyw

Back when I lived in Crooked River Ranch, I litterally found truck loads of toyota parts on the OBH list from guys that pulled out there stock stuff to replace with Chevy drivetrains /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Filled a 8 x 12 flatbed in one load and spent less than $200 including gas from Bend to Portland and back /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

9. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

I've got a front axle for you. Not sure what year it is but it has the truss from the diff to the knuckle. There are no brake calipers but the rotors are there (need to be replaced anyways.. rust) I believe it's got 4.10's also. I don't know how to go about shipping but if you're interested I'll let it go cheap. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. jekbrown

sounds like a good builder axle... only question is, is it worth it to ship it out here? /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif you're a looong ways away!

j

11. jekbrown

btw, my little project just got a boost today... i won $100 gift cert that I can use towards any RE product... this means I can add RE's large super-flex joints to my buggys links. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

j

12. jekbrown

bump to the top, list of wanted stuff updated!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

j

13. jekbrown

bump for me! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

j

14. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

I have some wheels that will fit a yota /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I am also picking up some axles with 5.38's and welded spiders ... they would work for ya /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. jekbrown

what kinda wheels? AL? steel? make/model? weight per rim? beadlocks? /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

j

16. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Damn I just sold the third member that You need. I'll check and see if I have another.
    BTW how do You tell if it's a 21 spline? Is it a gear drive or chain drive case? What years were the 21 spline? I was told that You can tell by the rear cover one has 5 bolts and one has 7 bolts.
    I'll check in the front axel for Ya as well. I got like six of them.
    To bad Your so far away I could set You up big time other than the engine. I sold My last one two weeks ago.

17. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

18. jekbrown

[ QUOTE ]
    Damn I just sold the third member that You need. I'll check and see if I have another.

[/ QUOTE ]

doh!! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

[ QUOTE ]
    BTW how do You tell if it's a 21 spline?

[/ QUOTE ]

AFAIK, all damn near all toyota tcases from their mini-trucks are 21 spline unless its from a turbo truck, then they are 23 spline. The key is that I need a top-shifting case (as opposed to a forward shifting case).

[ QUOTE ]
    Is it a gear drive or chain drive case?

[/ QUOTE ]

gear.

[ QUOTE ]
    I'll check in the front axel for Ya as well. I got like six of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif wowzers!!

[ QUOTE ]
    To bad Your so far away I could set You up big time other than the engine. I sold My last one two weeks ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh man, that sucks! a decent rebuildable 22re seems to be the hardest thing to find for a sane price. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

j

19. jekbrown

20. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

I will check back-spacing and they are American Racing wheels.
    -Ryan