Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Toyota question

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by CaveBlazin, Mar 8, 2003.

1. CaveBlazin

CaveBlazin 1/2 ton status Premium Member

My friend has a 91 yota 4x4 5speed with a 4 cyclinder. When you accelerate from 1st you get a squeel sound but does not work on the other gears. When you downshift it does it some to. Have any of yall had this problem before with your vehicles. THanks in advance.Sorry I had to edit this it made NO sense guess I should have read it before I posted it. I think that it might be a bearing or something but how can I tell which one it is...
    Spence

2. angrysnowplow

angrysnowplow 1/2 ton status

So it makes the noise when shifting to second or down to first?...I'm still a little unclear. Any idea where the squeal comes from? If the gears grind while shifting, it sounds like worn synchros to me. I've heard of this in some 'yota trannies.I got a deal on my Celica due to worn synchros. Just gotta double-clutch on the downshift.

3. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

I'd be looking at the throwout bearing first, then flushing the hydraulic clutch circuit with fresh brake fluid. It's a weak point on Toys. Lots of heat and zero maintenance. Hope that helps. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

4. BowtieGuy3

BowtieGuy3 Guest

I agree with that throw out bearing. There really isnt too much else that could be capable of producing a sound like that.