Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

"Toys by Troy"- No Thank You

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bugspray, Aug 25, 2004.

1. bugspray

bugspray 1/2 ton status

\"Toys by Troy\"- No Thank You

Well Saturday the kids and I loaded up and went trailing around Lake Pleasant. On the way in (once you hit the dirt road) there was a nice triple axle enclosed trailer with a nice dually f350, the trailer was labeled all over to advertise Toys by Troy. I figured I might run into them. It wasn't till I was on my way to pavement heading home that I did. He was turning around and had the 15 feet or so of trailer behind the wheels sitting flat on pavement, wheels in the air above the ditch, truck clear up the embankment. I've been teaching my son to stop and help people out because "we would want them to do it for us." So I turn around and asked if he needed a hand. His other guys were around the corner and came over. I got on the other side of the street and we hooked the winch up. Someone was driving up, and one of his buddies was going to wave them by, I jumped out and asked the lady to either wait till I pulled him out or let me unhook so that she wouldn't run over my cable. You would think these guys would know that. Well I pull him out, kind of follow him with my headlights so he could see as he backed up, got to the point where he could go, and bam, they take off. No thank you or anything. It makes me want to impose a " $50 to pull out the winch line." I wasn't looking for anything. I thought about e-mailing their "contact us" on their web page and thanking them for the privelege of helping them out. I guess I just won't ever understand "The Jeep Thing."

2. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

Re: \"Toys by Troy\"- No Thank You

yeah, i pull quite a bit of people out when i hit trails or the beach, and everyone's said thanks, i'd be pretty po'd if they didnt

3. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

Jeremy,

.....and I thought it was just me.../forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I met Troy back on a "Jamboree" trail back in the 90's. He was down right rude to me and treated me as if I was an idiot.

I don't have any respect for him.

Marv

4. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

I had him do one small job (roll bar) in my K5 6 years ago. He has alway been an a-hole. Very full of himself. Not a real offroad guy, just a washed up low end race car builder that started making jeep crap. His work is questionable as is his methods. I saw him again at the calrocks event in florence. He was the only competitor that had an onterouge (sp) of little local jeep guys circling him (AZVJ). He also wasn't very good at the whole wheeling thing IMO. I just won't buy/support anything from his shop.

Glad you still did the right thing though (pulled him out). It will come back to you someday.

5. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

I too,have often been a "good samaritin",and many times I not only never got a thank you,but have suffered some damage to my truck or winch,and ended up causing myself much unneeded greif.Like the time a kid slid down the embankment in front of my house at 2 am,in his dads station wagon,and he was kinda drunk,and probably high on something too.I tried to be Mr.helpful and I fired up my truck,pulled him back onto the street and into my driveway,the car had a flat front tire,so I got my floor jack and helped him change the tire--then the cops show up--turns out they knew this kid on a first name basis,he was suspected in several break-ins in my area--and while I was getting my floor jack he ditched a 24 pack of coors lite in the bushes near his car,and some weed--now the cop(a menopouseal bitch lady cop)starts grilling me about the beer and drugs,and why am I being so helpful,am I his accomplice,etc.Luckily they finally beleived me after a neighbor who had been watching out his window backed up my story--I thought I was going to be arrested! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif--funny thing is,they let the passenger drive his car away after the flat was fixed,they conficated the weed,but let me keep the beer!(the only reward for losing most of that nights sleep(and I dont drink much beer).Next time I try to be a good samaritin,I'll be sure to bring vaseline and bend over!.If its true what goes around comes around,there must be a pot of gold somewhere with my name on it--I help people all the time,still do,(like a christian fool)and usually I only end up forking myself.Most people dont deserve or appreciate the help you try to give--its almost like they resent it! /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

6. backyardbuilt

backyardbuilt 1/2 ton status

It usually doesn't do any good to confront these people but I tend to do it anyways just so I fell like I stuck it to them after trying to be a nice guy even though they have forgot everything you said 2 seconds after your done if they were even listening. I just know in the end I feel better being the good guy in the end.

7. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

"No good deed goes unpunished"

8. js4x4

js4x4 1/2 ton status

I have run into a similiar situation, some yahoo spun his truck out going down the highway (about 12" of snow). I happened to have a chain in my truck, so put her in 4 lo and tugged him out. His buddy was outside the truck, and once his tires hit the street and i slacked the chain...he pulled the chain off thier truck and hopped in...the driver was spinning the tires before the door was closed! No thanks or anything. Wasn't looking for a 'reward' for my time, a thanks goes a long way. Anyway, thought i'd share my gem too!

9. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

Troy has burned many a bridge in AZ and the offroad industry. Word was: he f-d over Offroad Unlimited and had them build a shop only to back out and keep the shop and supplies for himself (or something like it). He bad mouths all types of fabricators that are in AZ so he can get business. I was "lucky" enough to hear him talk about Randy Ellis at the 4wheeler expo at Phx Civic Plaza. Randy is an awesome fabricator and an "all-around" stand up guy. Ask anyone. F#$k Troy and his "Toys" that guy has extra chromosomes or something. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

10. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

I will second randy, or shannon, as an awsome sorce for a fab shop. Troy copies/steels others ideas, talks down on everything that he doesn't currently sell, and badmouths those who are there for the sport not the money.

I know I am troy bashing, I just still have some pent up aggression over the half azzed roll bar he built me.
    I'm done.

11. ZZ4x4

ZZ4x4 1/2 ton status

I'm a sucker for folks in need too. One time an old man was having trouble getting up an ice covered hill in his old pickup. I asked if he needed a push. I slowly came up behind and gave him a slow push all the way up the hill. At the top for some reason he hits the brakes hard and I smashed my off road lights on his bumper. Oh well.

Then there was this guy waving me down on the side of the road. I proceeded with him into a marsh where he said his friend was stuck. I finally made it through some deep mud to where an F350 with a 6" lift was buried to the frame. We dug for an hour and I pulled and pulled with my full sized Bronco. I finally got him out. On the way home my diff exploded sending the ring gear pieces through the diff cover. /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif The entire rear end needed replacing. That little event cost me about $1500 at the dealership. But the guy did thank the hell out of me. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

You know what? I'd do it again. It was kinda fun /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Sounds like a real charmer... what an a$$hole....

13. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

To bad that is the rollbar I have in my truck now. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif The welds look ok for an amatur but a pro should be ashamed of them. I have produced better welds then those. Troy doesn't have a good rep with alot of people in this town, but he has alot of followers for some reason too. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

I volunteered the other night to go pull out a good friends Father in Law's Jeep, but at least he was really cool and thanked me up and down and is going to make me a bad a$$ steak dinner to pay me for my efforts. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

Harley

14. bugspray

bugspray 1/2 ton status

I also thought it was ironic that he was stuck like this, with his Heep tricked out and stuck in the trailer because he couldn't get the gate/ramp down. I was trying to give the guy the benefit of the doubt, embarassed that he was stuck, maybe he broke stuff wheelin, rig wasn't running right, or he was even drunk. I guess I can officially chalk it off as someone that I'll watch as entertainment the next time I see him stuck /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

15. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

Go to his website and leave a complaint for the world to see what kind of a clown he is

16. SHAWNSTER

SHAWNSTER 1/2 ton status

my buddy sent them an email--

Form Confirmation
    Thank you for submitting the following information:

MessageType: Complaint
    Subject: (Other)
    SubjectOther: OWNER-TROY
    Username: MARK CROWLEY
    UserEmail: erskineenterprises@comcast.net
    UserTel:
    UserFAX:
    ContactRequested:

Comments
    I HEAR YOU ARE THE BIGGEST ASSHAT IN THE NAME OF 4 WHEELING AND ROCKCRAWLING-I SEARCHED THE WEB AND FOUND SO MANY COMPLAINTS ABOUT YOUR COMPANY. I WAS GOING TO DO BUSINESS WITH YOU BUT AFTER ALL THE NEGATIVE FEEDBACK-I SAYS GO SCREW YOURSELF-THANKS