Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TPI 406 'Burbs?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Sub_Versive, Oct 16, 2002.

1. Sub_Versive

Sub_Versive Registered Member

TPI 406 \'Burbs?

Somebody here had one... I don't remember who it was, though. I finally have had time / money to get started on the rebuild of my 400 and am going to go ahead with the TPI conversion for my '85 3/4T 4X4 /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif. Looking for info about what camshaft they used, or general recommendations. With the /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif, I'm looking for bottom end torque, and yes, I'm aware that TPI will run out of steam around 5000 RPM. As long as I don't break a U-joint, that's not realistically ever going to be a problem. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Jake Kooser

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

Re: TPI 406 \'Burbs?

frank(blazzinor) has a tpi406 blazer but is looking for a burb /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif send him a pm im sure he can help you with your tpi406 /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

3. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Shannon has it right..........it's me with the TPI 406. Great motor, great torque and as you know EFI rocks. Go to www.thirdgen.org and ask for a cam recommendation............I can't find my cam card and don't trust my memory anymore /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif so ask the guys over there on the TPI board for their recommendation.

I run Speed Density on mine, headers, etc. and would do it again. Any specific questions, let me know. First do a search...........there are literally dozens (or more) of posts on here with TPI setup answers...............fuel pump, wiring harness info, etc. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

<font color="blue">TPI = /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif....... </font color>

4. Sub_Versive

Sub_Versive Registered Member

Cool. I think there was another dude from the Tampa, Florida area, too. I'm familiar with www.thirdgen.org, and the diy-efi.org lists too. I'm in Singapore for work right now, and don't have the computer with my dyno 2k on it with me. Also was looking for some "real world" notes from other TPI guys. I'm planning on speed density as well, and have the means at my office to burn chips. I still need to get a fuel pump and VSS, and add 02 sensor bungs to my exhaust, but I'm ready to go other than that. I got a harness from www.chevythunder.com and have all the mechanical hardware already. Any other tips you can think of, I'd be glad to hear them. Thanks.