Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tpi fuel injector clips

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by NoSmog73, May 8, 2005.

1. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

When I got my tpi set up I didnt know it did not have the little clips that hold the injector into the fuel rail and I was wondering if anyone has the part number of a pic of what they are to look like...Thanks

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

I *think* there are two different types of clips. What year are you dealing with?

My '88's use a clip that snaps into the groove on the injector, and has two "tabs" that stick out from it that you use to rotate it into the "lock" position. Don't have pics, sorry.

I've seen it stated (and in practice) more than once they are unnecessary once the rail is bolted down, as they can't go anywhere.

3. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the reply..
    I went to OSH today and found a pin clip that will work I think..
    I started to think that the fuel rail would hold them in place and didnt see the need for the clips but I went with these accel injectors and they are a tad 1/8" shorter then stockers and was kinda worried about the pressure moving them as the pulse from the fuel and in turn wearing out the o-rings
    Plus the accels come with a few grooves in the top of the injector for a universal fit...lol
    So I have to pin them in on the top slot in the injector..
    Thanks again for the info.. :waytogo:

4. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Keep your eye on those injectors. Have a pretty bad reputation over at thirdgen.org. As with everything, they seem to work fine for some, horrid for others.