Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TPI fuel rail ???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by NoSmog73, Apr 30, 2005.

1. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

Ok I got the intake on and was going to disassemble the fuel rails and check/replace the O-rings in the rails and I found this...
    [​IMG]

Now I Really don't want to put the New injectors in and have them clog..Should I run a pipe cleaner brush threw it as far as I can. Or try to buy a new fuel rail..Or anyone have a way to clean the crap out better..

Also anyone know if this fuel tube comes out of the rail , I cant seam to dislodge or loosen it and don't want to force it and break it in the mean time..

[​IMG]
    Also anyone have a part # for the fuel rail O-Ring kits..

2. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dammit mike, haven't you read the tpi swap write up that i did for everyone, collecting my part numbers??

-STD SK24 Fuel Rail O ring kit
    -STD SK1- O ring kit for the injectors, 8 to a pack, get 2 packs to do top and bottom of injectors.

inside those fuel rails look pretty grungy dude. i'd maybe look for new ones? i've seen tpi setups at the junkyard quite a bit lately.

3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Might also be able to get them cheap on thirdgen.org's classifieds.

Don't know how you'd get those clean enough to run without risking crud coming loose and causing problems.

Post up a pic of the junction at the fuel rail. I *think* those run an o-ring or something at the end, but no idea how they are "retained".