Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TPI guys, replacement injector info

Discussion in 'The Injection Section' started by dyeager535, Dec 21, 2006.

1. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

2. Russell

Russell LB7 Tahoe Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

The LT1 24lb injectors work real slick too, except they are a multec type injector, and not a pintle design like these Bosch injectors are.

3. dyeager535

For brand new, I think the Ford injectors are still a bunch cheaper than any of the GM stuff.

4. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

The ford injectors will also give a small HP gain and better fuel milage over the old stock TPI.

heres some more info:http://www.fiveomotorsport.com/XF2E_Corvette.htm

Dont know if anyone of you guys have delt with fiveomotorsport. I have bought injectors from them. They have good prices and have most all injectors. Also have good info/specs on injectors on their site.

5. Russell

I was fortunate enough to get my LT1 injectors from a fella on 3rd gen for 50 bucks, plus shipping for the set. He claims they have about 70 000 miles on them. I took them into the injection shop in town, and had them cleaned / flow tested, and they turned up perfect :)

6. dyeager535

How much did cleaning cost?

You see lots of used injector sets for sale pretty cheap, but I was always leery of what condition they would be in. Besides, who knows how knowledgable the previous owner was to their actual condition anyways?

I checked into the cleaning/testing of used injectors, IIRC, it was something like $20/each (that I could find) so it really didn't seem worth it to me.

summitracing.com was cheaper than any other source online I was able to find.

7. mo

mo 1/2 ton status

I'm looking into this right now as well, first set is going into my 91 Z28, think i will try the pink tops from fiveo and when i switch to TPI on my k5 i think i will run the blue tops.

Can you get the GM o-rings from any parts store now? I had a lot of issues trying to find the "fat" o-rings at parts stores a few years ago...

Is your chip programmed for the 24 #ers?

Thanks

8. dyeager535

I was able to find the right o-rings at a *good* hydraulic shop. Really just need to make sure they are good for use with fuel, other than that pretty simple. Cheap too! I think somewhere I had a bag with the GM part number on it, but proceeded to throw it away recently. :( Maybe it's printed over at thirdgen.org somewhere?

As to the injectors, I haven't installed them yet, but I will up the injector size in the chip when I do. Took some deducing of the info over on thirdgen.org as it sometimes conflicts, but the people I ended up trusting (based on their knowledge) say upping the injector size in the chip is necessary.

9. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

If you guys need injectors cleaned get a hold of Mark at
    http://www.affordable-fuel-injection.com/
    They cleaned a set for my Mustang a few years ago IIRC it was only 90.00 or so with shipping for the set. They came out good as new. He is also a vendor here on Ck5 and gives members discounts.

BTW If you order Ford injectors from FiveO for a GM application they come set up with proper O rings.

10. dyeager535

Funny that they sell them with the right o-rings...Summits sales people actual make you verbally agree not to use the injectors on anything other than the intended application lol. "Is this for a Ford?" "Umm, yeah, sure."

11. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Summit:haha: :haha: ??? you are lucky you are not talking to someone in India.
    The guys there just read right out of the book. They really cant recomend something that the part is not specd for.
    At five o motorsports injectors are their business. They have them all and will build you a custom one if needed. If you check out the link I gave ... go to their home page and look up TPI ... They recomend using a bosch ford injector out of the Mustang 4.6 mod motor. They sell them all set up to GM specs and ready to install. If you order them for GM application they will work fine and should not require any other parts or mods.

12. Russell

I paid 5 bucks eac to get the injectors inspected / flow tested, then 3 bucks eac to get them cleaned. Finally put an additional 10 bucks in for new filter baskets for all the injectors, came to just over 70 bucks for everything.

So, truth be told, my 50 dollar injectors wound up costing about 120, but in the long run, thats still cheaper than buying brand new injectors by a pretty significant amount.

And yes, I definitely had to change the chip in my truck for the 24 lb injectors. The thing ran even richer than it already does before I changed the chip up...

13. mo

mo 1/2 ton status

right on, thanks for the info on the o-rings and stuff, will same me some moneys as those o-rings from the dealer are pricey...

14. dyeager535

Fixed it for ya. :)

Use the GM dealer to get part numbers, buy them from Jim on this board or gmpartsdirect.com, USUALLY their shipping/handling isn't outrageous.