Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TPI guys

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Ruthven13, Apr 14, 2006.

1. Ruthven13

Ruthven13 1/2 ton status

Just working on finishing up my TPI project in my '91 Jimmy and have a question for those who have done the conversion. What upper radiator hose did you use and did you incorporate an electric fan? I am using the stock fan for now so I ned a hose that will clear the shroud and the like. Thanks!~

2. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

Well I did mine on a 72 and I used the stock hose, just a different thermostat housing. Is your upper hose on the drivers or passengers side? You can sort of see it here, I can take better pictures, but Im sure theres someone with a newer chev like yours that would be better help.
    [​IMG]

3. Russell

Russell LB7 Tahoe Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I got a rad hose from a mid 80s caddy. It has the pefect bend to go around my acessories, and enter from the back side of the intake. I've got some cheap Mr Gasket 4.3 chrome water neck on my truck at the moment, but intend to replace it with a stock 4.3 chrome waterneck from an S-10.

4. Brians89K5

Brians89K5 1/2 ton status

What all is involved in this setup? I have a 92 Z28 sittin in my drivway with a complete setup in it. Maybe Ill strip it? :D

~Brian

5. Gravel Maker

Gravel Maker 1/2 ton status Vendor

Putting an IROK TPI in my Cruiser next month.....

Should be fun.....Anyone here ever ran a C4 behind a Chevy? It is the shortest auto of any quality ever made, T400 leaves a 10" driveshaft on a Cruiser, T350 and 700R aren't much better, the C4 is only 20.25" long with the shorty kit.

Go ahead and flame away for suggesting a Ford Tranny behind a Chevy motor, I am prepared for it. I really don't make much distinction between parts sources any more, who drives anything stock anyway.