Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TPI: Injectors not firing...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Hossbaby50, Dec 6, 2003.

1. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I purchase a NOID light this morning and put the #1 injector leads on it. It didn't light at all. I am getting spark at the cylinders, but apparently the injectors are not firing. Why? What can cause the injecotrs not to pulse? It should be getting gas to the fuel rails. I can hear the pump running and the lines (return and sending lines) get cold after the pump has runs so I imagine that they are getting gas. Thanks

I check for codes last night on the ECM and it only threw code 12.

Harley

2. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

check to see if you have power at the injector, the pcm or standalone unit should provide the ground for the injector to "pulse" or "fire" the fuel out..blown fuse for the pcm or ecm...lots of possibilities, id start with fuses..

3. Hossbaby50

How exactly do you check for power at the injector? Just bridge the 2 electrods with the multimeter? The NOID light didn't fire at all. (that I could see, and i turned out the lights in the garage) I will check the fuses when I get back to the house.

4. Confedneck

nope, get a test light out, ground the test light clip to the battery and probe the wire thats not black (black would be the ground) and see if there's power when someone is cranking the engine, if there is, then hook the test light clip to the positive post on the battery and probe the black wire at the injector harness, while someone is cranking the engine of course..

5. Hossbaby50

I will try that too. Thanks

Harley

6. Confedneck

good luck /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

There are 2 fuses for the injectors. I think they're INJ1 and INJ2 circuits in the manual. Make sure both are good and are connected to power. When the key is on, one side of the injectors should always have 12 volts. They're setup so that power is always supplied, and then the ECM provides a ground on the other side to complete the circuit and fire the injector.

8. Confedneck

yeah, harrys got it i do believe they are inj1 and inj2..