Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tpi manifold fitamint

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Swifty, May 6, 2003.

1. Swifty

Swifty Registered Member

Will stock tpi manifolds from I think is a 90 Friebird fit on my 79 350? Thanks.

2. 88streetblaze

88streetblaze 1/2 ton status

not without just a little bit of work. The 2 center bolts on the manifold are at a slightly different angle, but that is an easy fix, by either grinding or I've seen some use a tapered washer that worked great.

3. RootBreaker

RootBreaker 3/4 ton status Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Will stock tpi manifolds from I think is a 90 Friebird fit on my 79 350? Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm good question....
    I put a '87 camaro carb intake on my 1991 caprice police motor which was tbi....

yeah the 4 center bolts in my intake are straight up and down..... that is why i went with the '87 camaro intake.... you can drill out the holes.. but check first because we did this on one of these motors exactly the same as what i have and the ports in the intake didnt quite line up.. that setup is in a '86z-28 which is gettin rebuilt anyway.....