Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TPI on Vortec heads

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Cavalry, Jan 1, 2001.

1. Cavalry

Cavalry 1/2 ton status

upstate NY(although I cant figure out why)
    Does anyone know it there is a manifold out so I can have GM TPI on Vortec heads. I am not intrested in redrilling/ taping my heads to accept the older intake pattern.

2. shum1

shum1 1/2 ton status

Yes there is a new GM TBI manifold for Vortec heads, I forgot the part number. Someone posted it a few weeks ago. Do a search and also check with sallee or jim pace. You can buy vortec heads already drilled for non vortec manifolds. This is NOT the way to go however. The ports do not line up right and you will loose flow. Good luck, I'd like to know how it works out for you.

3. Cavalry

Cavalry 1/2 ton status

upstate NY(although I cant figure out why)
    I dont know if we are on the same page. I am looking for a way to put a tuned port injection( camaro, vette, firebird) system on vortec heads. I checked pace and found nothing.

4. Gandolf

Gandolf 1/2 ton status

Sorry, I don't know about an intake manifold that will work with Tuned Port Injection. For those interested in the part number for the intake manifold that will work with Vortec heads and Throttle Body Injection that was posted a few weeks ago is GM P/N 12496821. The Vortec Exhaust Manifold is GM P/N 1257828. Parts for the EGR modification are: EGR Tube GM P/N 10220275, EGR Fitting GM P/N 12552329 and Vacuum Controlled EGR Valve GM PN 17052693.
    I made notes on these part numbers when they were posted. All of them should be double checked.

'89 K5 Silverado 4" lift w/BFG 33's<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by gandolf on 01/02/01 01:24 AM (server time).</FONT></P>