Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TPI setups polished

Discussion in 'Free | Trade | Misc.' started by Ryan B., Oct 11, 2005.

1. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Figured i'd test the waters here and see if i can help someone go tpi before i put these setups on ebay. These setups and pictures will be available in another week or two.. But you can call dibs now:

-Several hours have been spent removing these items from camaros, then beadblasted to remove the carbon buildup and gunk.
    -Then i have spent several more hours sanding and polishing the: plenum, aluminum distributor cover, runners, and fuel rails. If you've seen pics of my polished tuned port setup you know how awsome it looks, these setups are getting the same treatment. grooves in the plenum will be painted red like mine or whatever other color you want.

pretty complete:
    -'87 early style heads manifold beadblasted, polished plenum and distributor cover, polished runners, one of the runners has a ding in the rear tube, also has complete awsome condition wiring harness from camaro no cut wires. and MAF computer. needs: throttle body, distributor, injectors, water neck (thermostat housing).
    $400 shipped.
    Update: ON EBAY:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...=8010851591&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MESE:IT&rd=1

Almost totally complete:
    -88ish early style heads manifold, beadblasted, polished plenum and distributor cover, polished runners, runners are in cherry condition no dings or dents!, polished water neck (thermostat housing), polished fuel rails, 305 injectors, computer controlled HEI distributor, MAF sensor, has almost every sensor needed! knock sensor, oil pressure switch, o2 sensor, did i mention the MAF! Complete wiring harness Awsome condition no cut wires, and MAF ECM. needs throttle body.
    $500 shipped.
    Update: SOLD!

-though you can get these 305 setups to work with a 350 setup by bumping up fuel pressure, i'd reccomend new 350 injectors, and a performance eprom chip for your application before trying to get these setups running for best results!
    -prices are what i would like to get, but i'm open to offers through pms, otherwise its going up on ebay in a week or two.
    -also if you need the later style '87 up manifold i have a beadblasted one of those you can have instead.
    -since these setups include the wiring harness, it would be ideal for someone to try and rework the existing harness from a wiring diagram instead of paying $300+ for an aftermarket harness.
    -my online tech support is also offered along with these setups. :wink1:

Last edited: Oct 28, 2005
  2. big94gmc

big94gmc 1/2 ton status

I would like pics (half for reference, and half because I might just get your shiat instead of building what I have in my garage).

I have a TPI setup (manifold on up) and a wiring harness from a junkyard '85 305 Camaro, but it's proving to be a headache. If you're well versed on TPI, you and I might be in contact frequently.

3. Ryan B.

4. RingMaster4x4

RingMaster4x4 1/2 ton status Premium Member

What did you gain by switching from Card to TPI?

5. Ryan B.

Here is the link to my tpi install write up:
    http://coloradok5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106209
    (i know the picture links are broken now, still need to fix em.)

From carb to tpi.. dependability. runs at any angle and never misses a beat. instant throttle response, almost too touchy sometimes LOL. Better gas mileage. probably 1 or 2 mpg gain in most situations. Works well with my cam and headers. More HP/TQ, I picked up probably 4 or 5 car lengths against my friends car (though he still smoked me) on the expressway 0-70 as a baseline for before and after when i had an auto tranny.. :wink1: One of the best mods i've done. ..no more rebuilding my carb on a picnic table when i should be wheeling. :rolleyes: :thumb:

6. RingMaster4x4

RingMaster4x4 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I am looking at it for my chevelle. this come with a distbutor?

7. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

what kind of improvements would it give me over the tbi set up i have now?

8. Ryan B.

i don't know. good question for the garage. maybe someone has gone from tbi to tpi.

9. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

What, your making a business out of it now?

10. santana

santana 1/2 ton status

That's pretty.. :p:

11. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

TPI will support more engine mods than TBI.

Some people say TPI gives better low-end TQ than TBI.

TPI is slightly more efficient than TBI since there's an injector at each cylinder with TPI, rather than 2 injectors for the whole engine with TBI.

TPI looks far cooler than TBI... :wink1: :wink1: Worth at least 20hp...

12. Ryan B.

Update at top.
    First setup still available.. Starts at $350 + ride on ebay.
    I'll knock some bucks off if the winner is a ck5 member. :wink1: