Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TPI sources in Phx area

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by Hossbaby50, Oct 7, 2003.

1. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I am looking to find out about any sources of TPI swap and parts in Phoenix metro area. I know there have to be some. The only one I know of is Arizona Speed & Marine in Chandler. I am looking for books and guides with detailed info on the TPI swap. Mostly diagrams and such that explain the wiring setup, sensors, vacuum ports, emissions hookups, and sensor locations. Thanks

Harley

2. azblazor

azblazor 1/2 ton status Premium Member

3. 87GMCJimmy

87GMCJimmy 1/2 ton status

Harley,
    I've talked with the guys at aztpi and their not real good about giving free info. If you’re just looking for parts/books they are also very expensive. I found www.jagsthatrun.com (dunno if that's the actual web site) is a good place for reasonable price on parts. Another source of info that I had included a friends Helms manual for his IROC which really helped. I have the haynes manual for the TBI trucks which would be helpful b/c most the wires are the same colors and the sensors are the same between the TPI and TBI systems (part #'s match). I was actually amazed that many wires are still the same color on the 99 vortec I put in my truck.

Mike

edit: Not trying to discourage you from going there just letting you know what to expect.