Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TPS Voltage

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Me89'Jimmy, Jan 26, 2003.

1. Me89'Jimmy

Me89'Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I need to adjust the voltage to my throttle positioning sensor, i just have no idea how. any ideas /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. 95 Silverado

95 Silverado 1/2 ton status

Do you have a voltmeter? The TPS (ThrottlePositionSensor) has 3 wires going to it, one wire will have no voltage present, it is the ground for the sensor from the ECM, a second wire will have a constant voltage (approx. 5 Volts) this is the ref. voltage for the sensor. The third wire should have a voltage that varies with the movement of the throttle shaft, That is the voltage you will adjust. Hook up the meter to monitor that voltage, "loosen" the screws holding the TPS to the throttle body, the screw holes should be slotted to allow for adjustment, you will need a voltage setting from a shop manual for your system, move the TPS to obtain that voltage on your meter(probably at idle) and tighten the screws. The ignition key should be on with the engine not running when you get your readings and make your adjustment.