Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TR beadlock blowing up .......

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by seabass44, Oct 29, 2004.

1. seabass44

seabass44 Registered Member

I saw the post a few months back that was deleted. wanted to hear an update.
    1st how is the guy doing?
    2nd are these dangerous & should we stay away from buying TRs? /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

the post was deleted as not to slander TR so he could go to them with a real legal case about it. I can't remember who it was just that he has a really sweet K5 and that I too would like to know how he is doing.

3. Blazinaire

Blazinaire 1/2 ton status

hi

i'm not dead and i don't eat from a tube so i guess i'm okay.

if you already have TR's i wouldn't worry too much about running them... we were already running them on ducttape's longbed for about 2 years with no problems and i have mounted several other sets with no issues. I won't go into detail until this issue is all settled. i personally am kinda weary about putting air in tires or tightening lugnuts and am hesitant to be near beadlocks of any sort so don't expect me to start badmouthing any ONE company. when all is said and done i'll be sure to post up.

4. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

Dude it was you? WTF happened???
    TR is right down the road from me, your right those things and more freak me out as well...

5. seabass44

seabass44 Registered Member

[ QUOTE ]
    hi

i'm not dead and i don't eat from a tube so i guess i'm okay.

if you already have TR's i wouldn't worry too much about running them... we were already running them on ducttape's longbed for about 2 years with no problems and i have mounted several other sets with no issues. I won't go into detail until this issue is all settled. i personally am kinda weary about putting air in tires or tightening lugnuts and am hesitant to be near beadlocks of any sort so don't expect me to start badmouthing any ONE company. when all is said and done i'll be sure to post up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good to hear you are better.Sucks that if they are dangerous, you can't warn anyone, but I FULLY UNDERSTAND the reasoning. I don't run beadlocks, I have always run an 8" rim with 12:50 to 16:00 wide tires down to 2-4 lbs and not lost a bead. But beadlocks look cool /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif
    thx for the update, hope everything works out for you.

6. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    I'm glad you are OK and not stuck in the hospital or something. I run TR's and can't think of what could have happened but I will be careful with them anyway. They seem to be a really good product but /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif.
    Please let us know when you can bud and take care.
    /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif