Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Trac-Lok, someone help unlock the answer.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by NewMexK5, Jan 2, 2007.

1. NewMexK5

NewMexK5 1/2 ton status

I have a 4:56 and numerically higher geared Trac-Lok in my front Dana 60. It is finally getting broken in. I have heard that there is a lock-right available for a trac-lok case, is this true? And if so could anyone give me a part number or a place to locate one?

Any help is appreciated:waytogo:

Tommy

2. MaxPF

MaxPF 1/2 ton status

There is no Lock-Rite for the Trac-Loc case, but there is a No-Slip available for that application. The No-Slip is similar to the Lock-Rite, but it has synchros to make it quieter and better-mannered. Part # 92-0460-3520 is a 35 spline No-Slip for the Trac-Loc case :thumb: It isn't cheap, though - It runs around $400, while a Detroit can be had from PORC for $539. Personally, between the two I would spend the extra $139 and get the Detroit :deal:

3. 1977k5

1977k5 3/4 ton status Vendor

Wow, I swear I got my Detroit from PORC for ~$460 about 1.5 years ago. Maybe the price has gone up significantly :doah:

4. NewMexK5

NewMexK5 1/2 ton status

Yep, found the Powertrax no-slip. Was quoted $480 +shipping for one.:eek1:
    The detroit also runs around $500+, so I think I will just go with poor boy tradition and weld it up for a while until I can afford a detroit.

Thanks guys, appreciate the feedback.

5. MaxPF

MaxPF 1/2 ton status

I wouldn't doubt it. I ordered a pair of ELockers a few days ago, and yesterday while looking at PORC's site again I noticed the exact same locker has jumped up $35 over what I paid a few days ago :eek1:. I'm glad I bought it when I did.