Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tracking down a truck of the past

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mountainexplorer, Jan 16, 2006.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

For years I've wanted to find my Dad's old 1960 Chevy 3/4 ton 2wd pickup. He sold it when I was a kid for like 460 bucks.
    [​IMG]

I know that the '62-'66 style is a bit more popular than the '60-'61, but I like the big ugly "eyebrows" on the hood. My dad owned this truck from 1968-1989, and lived in a camper on the back of it travelling around the mountains of California after he divorced his first wife.
    [​IMG]

I'd love to be able to find the truck again... put a 327 in it... maybe a 396, and an automatic and keep it a 2wd as a street truck.

But I keep running into dead ends on finding who owns it now. I still have the bill of sale and vin# I think from my dad's records when he sold it.

Anyone know if there is a way to track down a truck based on a Vin (assuming the truck is still registered and not scrap)? I know the Dept of Licensing won't give out info.

2. spongeidys

spongeidys 1/2 ton status

i wish you luck man, if it was restored it would look awesome espically with the sedimental value thrown in there

3. kgblazerfive

kgblazerfive keymaster Premium Member GMOTM Winner

What about a Carfax does that give last owners or just history. You may be able to get the info through the DMV just go and play stupid and see if you can find who it was last registered too. A title company for cars may be able to do a serch.