Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Traction Bar Pictures?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by OffRoader93, Feb 16, 2005.

1. OffRoader93

OffRoader93 1/2 ton status

I was wondering if anyone could post some pictures of their traction bars. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Brenton

2. k51989

k51989 Registered Member

3. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[​IMG]I built this.

5. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

Tim,

Just the other day I was wondering how the "TimBar" has held up and if it has restricted wheel trravel or articulation? And was it worth it?

And what is the chain for?

6. RustBuket

RustBuket 1/2 ton status

Thats a very interesting idea. I like it alot, its well designed. Is the other end attached to the frame with a shackle? That would work really well I would think.

7. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

8. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

I really like that setup, didnt azkickin make that? Too bad they packed it in, when I do my 14ff install, I woulda prob put that in, I know im gettin some axle wrap w/ that 496 lol.

9. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

where can i get one and how much.

10. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

As far as I know they aren't being made anymore. Mine was the proto-type, a second was installed on a hardcore Bronco and I am pretty sure Bill built one for his K5. It was being made by Az-Kickin, but they closed up shop last I heard...which is a damn shame.

Pricing was somewhere north of $800 though. What a lot of people didn't realize was that each and every part was CNC or manually machined. The bars are .375" wall DOM, the end lugs that are threaded into the bars are some high end aircraft stainless (looks as shiny as the day it got to my door and those parts are unpainted.)

Anyways, it got really old having to defend the product all the time. Suffice it to say quality is unmatched as is material selection...it was just more money than most people were willing spend on an anti-wrap bar. It works better than we hoped at the time, kills axle wrap dead and does not inhibit suspension flex at all.

Rene

11. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

i always liked them AZ traction bars, great design, great materials and all that jazz, they just cost to much. If I'm gonna spend over $800 on my rear suspension, it had better end up 'linked. ;)

j

12. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

I miss AZ kickin. :( Hopefully they will open up shop again soon.

13. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

So far I have been very happy with it. I pulled a sled estimated at 40,000 lbs with my truck and felt zero wheel hop at all. I have not been able to get it to reduce suspension travel or articulation with it as well in recent tests.

April is when I'll test it for sure, burning all four tires on the muddy rocks of Tellico at ECBB.

It pivots all four directions the way it is designed. The strap steel you can see in the upper part of the picture goes to a crossmember. The strap steel is a "horizontal shackle" that allows it to pivot straight up and down, and the left/right motion obviously comes from the bushings on top of the axle that you can see in the picture.

The centersection of the axle doesn't really move forward or backward, only up and down, and really not all that much (8-12" max in my case) so I can't really see it being an issue.

I will have more testimony when I really thrash on it and find out exactly how well it works but thus far it seems to be great.

It's kinda funny killing all of your rear axlewrap. It's only then that you can feel the front do it to a certain degree, too. :grin: :grin:

The chain is holding my truck to the trailer. It was loaded up to go to the Indy Jamboree. Unfortuantely I tore a trailer tire on my way out of the yard so I didn't make it. It was then that I learned that my trailer spare wouldn't fit my trailer. Lesson learned that weekend....

14. 85m1009

85m1009 1/2 ton status

Here is our newest innovation in traction control, dubbed the "Wrap Zapper". More info is available on our website http://www.mo-offroad.com

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. 45acp

45acp 1/2 ton status

Yes AZ-Kickin is closed, however I still have one of these "anti wrap systems" setting on the shelf. If someone is really serious about one drop me a line. I was going to wait untill I built a pickup to use it myself but that may never happen. The price is $750 plus shipping and it is heavy.

16. sean'schevy

sean'schevy 1/2 ton status

heres mine kinda like tims but my springs were already bent up before i put it in. works good so far.

17. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

i've seen this setup in person. to say its top notch would be an understatement. i recently met Steve at the SEMA Spring Expo, and spoke with him briefly about the system. the guys at M.O.O. definitely know whats up.

18. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

I have been thinking more and more about gettnig some type of traction bar, everytime I do burnouts it hops like crazy. However, I have to agree with you. Ill just get my 4 link on!

19. crazy_swede_73

crazy_swede_73 Registered Member

Anti wrap bar without shackle

Anti wrap bar without shackle, works great!!

k5005.JPG

20. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

Forget it> I've been stupid again