Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

traction bars

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by highrider_44s, Mar 28, 2004.

1. highrider_44s

highrider_44s 1/2 ton status

I was looking at building a set of traction bars for my 81 chev truck it has a 4" shackle flip and a 6"block in the back. was wandering what would be the best design option. one that doesn't affect articulation or ground clearence that much any onfo would be rock thax

2. bigburban383

bigburban383 1/2 ton status

Ummm, people who look in here also look in that garage most of the time /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

Double Post

3. ColAdo82K5

ColAdo82K5 1/2 ton status

A flip creates some axle wrap.... 6 inch blocks really create axle wrap, So i understand your need for a traction bar. However, i think it might be a better idea to put some of that time/money/or energy into getting rid of that tall block. It would really reduce the axle wrap. Try a set of 6 inch leaf springs.
    But if you are still going fot a traction bar...I believe that you need to create a mount that is lower than the axle centerline. Also, the longer the bar, the better. (helps with articulation with a longer bar.)
    But there are other schools of thought on this...such as the anti-wrap bar by Az-Kickin

Blake